When we have parties, we like to send people home with some sort of treat or a favor. I like to make special, small treats that go along with the theme and say “thanks for coming” all at the same time. These Winter Themed Hot Cocoa Party Favors fit the bill perfectly even if you’re not using a Winter Wonderland theme. I think most people enjoy hot chocolate or know someone who does, so these yummy treats are sure to please most of your guests. For the 7th day of the 12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop, everyone is making hot cocoa bars. I preferred to make mine a treat for my guests on their way out instead.
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
Winter Themed Hot Cocoa Party Favors
Materials for Outside of the Jar
- 4oz. Mason Jars
- 1/8 Yard White Muslin Fabric
- Snowflake & Warm Winter Wishes Stamp Set
- Silver Glitter Embossing Powder
- Embossing Ink
- Embossing Heat Gun
- (I Wish I’d Had This) Embossing Magic
- White Circle Tags
- Silver Ribbon
- Pinking Shears
- Watercolor Brush
Materials for Inside of the Jar
- Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate
- Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- (Optional) Peppermint Chocolate Chunks
- Tablespoon Measuring Spoon
Winter Themed Hot Cocoa Party Favors Steps
1. Use the circle cutter to trace a 5-inch circle on the white fabric with a pencil. Trace as many as you need to make. I’m making eight. If you’re wondering if you should get one of these circle cutters, you should definitely read our review.
2. Cut the circles out of the fabric with pinking shears. Make sure there are no wrinkles in the fabric.
Fun Fact: In case you’re not aware, pinking shears help keep the fabric from fraying. People often use them for sewing when they don’t have a serger machine.
3. Stamp the white fabric circles in the center with the snowflake stamp and the embossing ink. Sprinkle the silver glitter over the inked snowflake.
4. Turn the stamped circle over and tap off the extra powder onto a piece of paper. Use the watercolor brush to get the excess powder off from around the snowflake.
5. Use the embossing heater on the stamped image to melt and seal the powder. Repeat the steps for all of the circles.
6. Now we’ll make the tags. Use the same process for the tags as you did for the fabric, except you’ll use the sentiment stamp. Repeat for all of the tags you need.
7. Cut 18-inch lengths of silver ribbon for each jar. String the tags onto the ribbon pieces.
8. Remove the lids from all of the jars and fill each jar with one layer of mini marshmallows.
9. Add a layer of peppermint white chocolate or some mini chocolate chips.
10. Measure out four tablespoons of hot chocolate mix and add it on top of those other layers.
11. Remove the lid insert from the ring and place it on top of the jar. Place a fabric circle on top, centered, then screw the lid ring back onto the jar tightly.
12. Tie a piece of ribbon with a tag around the jar lid into a double knot. Slide the tag around to the front, right under the knot and then tie a little bow. Repeat this step for all of your jars.
That’s it! I know this is a lot of steps, but you can make a bunch of these Winter Themed Hot Cocoa Party Favors quickly by using the assembly line method. Cut out all of your circles, stamp them all, stamp all of the tags, etc. You can even get your friends or family in on the action and snack on any extra marshmallows or candy! This is the kind of favor I’d like to get at a party, something delicious that I’d actually eat or drink. When they get home, it’ll be so easy for them to just plop the mix in a mug and add hot water. What a great way to give them warm wishes and say “thank you!”
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ornament ideas this holiday season!
[inlinkz_linkup id=750855 mode=1]
Say Yes to FREE!
Subscribe to My FREE Newsletter and Get Exclusive Access to FREE Printables & Downloads Like Craft Project Planners, Printable Art Files, SVGs & More, Made Just for You!