Today we’re participating in a Dollar Store Craft Challenge several other crafty bloggers! This is right up our alley since we both love finding holiday and craft items at Dollar Tree and this thrifty craft is no exception. Unfortunately, my house is low on Easter decorations. Christmas and Halloween are covered. I’m not exaggerating, I have totes and totes full of decorations. Sadly, we have only about three Easter decorations, so I decided to make a simple and Thrifty Easter Bunny Centerpiece. The best part? It only cost me a few dollars to make thanks to Dollar Tree. Don’t you just love that store!?
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Thrifty Easter Bunny Centerpiece
- Metal Planter
- Foam Form
- Fake Easter Grass or Green Paper Shred
- Small Stuffed Bunny
- Mini Foam Easter Eggs
- Foam Easter Egg Picks
- Low Heat Glue Sticks & Gun
Thrifty Easter Bunny Centerpiece steps
1. If you didn’t buy a filler that was the correct shape for your bucket, cut or shave your foam form down to size. I suggest using a serrated knife. The softer foam forms may very well squish down into it without cutting.
2. After fitting the form or filler, hot glue the base to the inside bottom of the bucket. Be sure to use the low heat setting.
3. Cover the foam with Easter grass. I left a place for my bunny’s bottom to sit. This helped prevent it from falling out.
4. Put some glue on the bunny’s butt and place her into the grass. Note: I replaced the ugly bow around her neck with a pretty pink one.
5. Glue the foam eggs around the bunny and the base of the bucket.
6. If you want to add some height, you can also add a couple of Easter egg picks to the centerpiece.
That’s it! This took me about 10 minutes to do! I was actually shocked at how simple and inexpensive this was to make. Now my Easter decoration count can go up to five! Easter isn’t one of those holidays where I get excited to make or put out loads of decorations like I do with Halloween or Christmas, but if I keep making cute projects like this Thrifty Easter Bunny Centerpiece, I just might change my mind!
If you’d like to see other Dollar Tree Easter crafts, be sure to check out our Dollar Tree Egg Bouquet Centerpiece, too!
If you’re looking for all kinds of different Easter craft projects, make sure you stop by All Free Holiday Crafts. I love all their variety!