For the 8th day of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop, we all get to feature yummy holiday cookie recipes. These Quick Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Sugar Cookies aren’t so much of a recipe as they are cookie construction, lol. My son loves when he has a party at school. I mean what kid doesn’t, right? But Drew loves it because I sign up for either candy or baked goods. I do enjoy baking things, but I was running really short on time, so this year I cheated and bought a package of sugar cookie mix. My son informed me that wasn’t “cool enough.” So, after some brainstorming together we came up with a quick and easy idea that “looks” fancy and also tastes delicious. As a bonus, I had all of the other ingredients at my house already. Win, win! Be sure to check out all other the other wonderful cookie recipes in the hop for loads of cookie inspiration.
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
These cookies are super easy to make. I don’t have step-by-step instructions like usual but these were made the night before the party at about 11 pm because I procrastinated way too long on stuff this week. Does this happen to any of you during the holidays?
Quick Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Sugar Cookies
- sugar cookie dough mix (I used Betty crocker cookie mix)
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4-6 candy canes, crushed
- cookie sheet
- microwaveable bowl or mug
Quick Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Sugar Cookies Steps
1. Bake the cookies according to the package instructions. I made two dozen cookies with one package.
2. let the cookies cool completely.
3. Fill a coffee mug half full with chocolate chips.
4. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds then stir until smooth. If the chips are not fully melted, continue to heat and stir at 10-second intervals.
5. Dip a cookie into the chocolate until half is covered with chocolate. After pulling the cookie out of the chocolate, use a spoon to lightly scrape the excess chocolate off the edge of the cookie so it doesn’t drip.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate-dipped side of the cookie with crushed peppermint.
7. Let the cookies sit until the chocolate hardens. If you’re impatient like me, place them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to speed up the hardening.
That’s it! These Quick Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Sugar Cookies were super simple to make, yet look like you spent hours in the kitchen baking. They were a hit at the party according to Drew and my husband didn’t complain either!
Do you like to make cookies during the holidays? I usually do, it just depends on how much time I have to bake them.
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ornament ideas this holiday season!
[inlinkz_linkup id=750857 mode=1]