Who doesn’t love finding cute craft items at the dollar store? I like that I can decorate for all of the different holidays without spending loads of cash, too. Some of the great crafty items that don’t know they are a craft supply are the seasonal feather boas. Sure, for a dollar you’re only going to get a short, thinner boa, but compared to the $20 to $30 (or far more) for the bigger, fuller ones, I’ll take these any day. So for this Easy Dollar Store St. Patrick’s Day Wreath, I used a wire wreath form, five green boas, a packet of green glitter foam shamrocks, and some pipe cleaners, all purchased at Dollar Tree.
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Easy Dollar Store St. Patrick’s Day Wreath
- 14.5-inch Wire Wreath Form
- 5 Green Mini Feather Boas
- 1 Package of Green Glitter Foam Shamrocks
- 3 Chenille Stems
- Hot Glue Gun
Easy Dollar Store St. Patrick’s Day Wreath Steps
1. I love that these feather boas have thick cotton strings at each end. It makes them so much easier to work with. Tie one end of one feather boa to the wreath form tightly.
2. Wrap the feather boa around and around the wreath form until you reach its end.
3. Now tie the next boa’s string to the first one’s string and trim off the excess.
4. Continue to wrap the linked boas around the wreath form until you have used all of the boas and the form is full. Tie off that last string end to the wreath form.
5. Hot glue five darker shamrocks to the lighter shamrocks.
6. Cut the three pipe cleaners in half.
7. Hot glue the center of the pipe cleaner pieces to the center back of each shamrock pair.
8. Bend the glued pipe cleaners upwards.
9. Attach the shamrocks to the wreath by poking the pipe cleaners through the feathers to the back of the wreath and then twist the ends together.
That’s it! How easy was it to put this wreath together? You could seriously crank one of these puppies out in 15 minutes. This is an important skill to have in case you need to make a holiday-themed wreath with no notice. That happens to you guys all of the time, right? If you’re still not convinced, be sure to see our Feather Boa Halloween Wreath and our Easy & Thrifty Mardi Gras Wreath projects. You’ll see just how easy it is to make an Easy Dollar Store St. Patrick’s Day Wreath without being one of those wreath artists and without spending loads of cash. Which holiday would you want to make feather boa wreath for yourself?
If you want to see some more super cute St. Patrick’s Day crafts over at All Free Holiday Crafts. I love how they have projects geared towards all of the holidays!
Now let’s see some other fun dollar store crafts!
[inlinkz_linkup id=765854 mode=1]
Be sure to join us in March for our next Inspire My Creativity Link Party on the 2nd Wednesday!