I may not have a graduate myself this year, but I know loads of people who do. It’s always great to have some graduation cards like this Congrats Graduate Cricut Card one on hand either way. You never know when a coworker (or relative) will surprise you with news of their graduate. I wanted this card to have a more traditional look with black and gold, but you could easily use your school’s colors instead and the finished card will have a more custom look.
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Congrats Graduate Cricut Card
- 1 Sheet Black Cardstock
- 1 5″ x 7″ scrap of Black Cardstock OR
- 1 Sheet Your School Color Cardstock (If not using washi tape)
- Various Gold Washi Tape
- Double-sided Tape
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Cricut Simple Everyday Cards Cartridge
Congrats Graduate Cricut Card
1. Open a new project in Design Space and add the “Congrats Graduate Card” image from the Simple Everyday Cards cartridge to your project.
2. Resize the grouped images to 18.5″ wide.
3. Change the colors of all of your cuts to match the cardstock colors you’ll be using. This will help you keep the different cut layers straight. I used a dark grey for the small backing because it is also black (white in these photos) but if you’re using school colors cardstock, just make that layer match.
4. Cut your layers. You won’t see an envelope here because I didn’t make one for this project originally, but if you need instructions for envelope assembly, just see my T-Rex Fossil Birthday Card tutorial that uses the exact same envelope.
5. For this step, you can get as creative as you like. Simply stick the gold washi tape to the
white black cardstock piece. I put mine straight across, but you could put yours on at a diagonal or any which way. Whatever suits you. If you’re using school color cardstock, skip to Step #7.
6. Trim any excess washi tape from the edges of the
white black piece.
7. Stick a small piece of double-sided tape (or adhesive of your choice) to the four corners of the washi taped side of the
white black piece or school color cardstock piece.
8. Place the washi taped OR school color card to the inside of the black cut out so that the washi tape/ color can be seen through the design.
TIP: It helps if you stick the washi tape card to the correct side, lol.
That’s it! Just a few steps and your Congrats Graduate Cricut Card is done. This is the second card I’ve made with my
craft robot Cricut and again it was super simple to make. Like with the #1 Teacher Cricut Card, I used Cricut’s Simple Everyday Cards cartridge. I did have one hiccup with this card, however, as you saw above. I also used washi tape to decorate the liner paper, but you could easily use printed or metallic paper instead. Like many of my craft supplies, I scored these rolls of washi tape in Target’s Bullseye’s Playground (One Spot) area for only $1 each. As always with Cricut, you are only limited by your imagination.
If you’d love to see more fun graduation card ideas, be sure to visit All Free Papercrafts and see their huge selection of projects!
Say Yes to FREE!
Subscribe to My FREE Newsletter and Get Exclusive Access to FREE Printables & Downloads Like Craft Project Planners, Printable Art Files, SVGs & More, Made Just for You!